Still trying...

10:34 PM Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Trying hard to remember to update this thing. I was just asked a question about my blog so I remembered to post.

OK... so my resolution recipes:

I made the Cranberry Swirl cheesecake for Art's family and it was a hit. Everyone liked it. The crust stuck to the bottom of the springform a little bit... I might find a way to pack it in a little bit better next time. The swirl made the top crack, but nobody cared because it tasted so damn good.

My first new dinner recipe was "cilantro lime cod" I got from my "Taste of Home Cookbook". I thought it would be DELICIOUS... and I was WRONG. It tasted like bitter lime rind. It said to put slices of lime on top before closing the foil packet, but I've decided that if I were to ever make that disgusting waste of fish again, I would only squirt a tiny bit of lime on top before cooking and maybe a little fresh juice right before cooking. Because that shit was just WRONG. Goes to show how things can turn out when you follow a recipe to the letter.

Week 2's baking project was Pesto Rolls from my new "The Art and Soul of Baking" Sur La Table cookbook I got from Jeni and Eli for Christmas (also known as "the gift that made me cry"). They were definitely time consuming, especially because I've never made a yeast bread before, but they were DELICIOUS. Next time I need to be slightly more patient on the baking, but eventually they turned out perfectly crusty on the outside and soft and almost NEON green from the pesto on the inside. I will definitely make those again, they would be perfect with an italian dinner. The flavor was very strong of Pesto... not just green from the basil. Extremely happy with how those turned out.

I still have to decide what I'll be making for next week's recipes. I'm thinking maybe a breakfast pastry for the baking project, and maybe a soup for the dinner recipe.

I'm glad I made these kinds of resolutions because I feel like it's just making me grow as a wannabe chef. :)

0 comments: